Compressor Control with BORSIG BlueLine
Compressors are essential for the operation of nearly every industrial installation and must meet high reliability, efficiency, and life cycle requirements. The instrumentation and control technology responsible for the smooth and long-term operation of the compressors as well as a practical visualization contribute significantly to this.
In order to work efficiently under changing operating conditions, the surrounding plant processes and the respective environmental conditions, a flexible compressor control is required. In addition to regular automation, modern plants increasingly require certified safety functions.
The BORSIG BlueLine combines compressor control (PLC), emergency shutdown (ESD) and machine protection (MPS) in a modular automation system. For operators of reciprocating and centrifugal compressor units by BORSIG ZM Compression GmbH as well as by other manufacturers, this means a reduction in the costs for hardware, software and engineering as well as a considerable reduction in service and training costs.
BORSIG BlueLine systems enable the mixed operation of certified safety components (up to SIL3) with standard automation systems.
Features of BORSIG BlueLine
- Highest safety, certified up to SIL3 (IEC61508, IEC61511, IEC62061) and PL e and CAT 4 (ISO 13849, DIN 954) for open-loop and closed-loop control
- Highest system availability by up to triple redundancy and hot swap component replacement
- Mixed configuration of certified safety, measuring and control systems possible
- Integrated Machinery Monitoring System (MMS) and Machinery Protection System (MPS) (vibration monitoring)
- Strict separation of MPS, PLC and ESD not required
- Full integration of the 3 systems PLC, MPS and ESD, however, also available as individual module
- Low space requirements and reduction of usual interfaces
- Freely programmable with SIL3 certified function blocks
- Open communication interfaces: Open Modbus TPC, RTU Modbus, others on request
- Process visualization system with integrated, high-resolution recording of the process data and sequences
- Anti surge control, optimized for reciprocating and centrifugal compressor units; with adaptive control line and static/ dynamic discharge pressure limitation
- Surge detection
- Capacity and load distribution control
- Overspeed protection
- Vibration monitoring
- Simplex, Duplex and TMR systems
- High-resolution data recording
BORSIG ZM Compression GmbH - Profile and Products
Johann Friedrich August Borsig founded BORSIG in 1837. Within 15 years the company had become one of the largest industrial manufacturers in Europe.
In 1842 the Zwickau mechanical engineering company (Zwickauer Maschinenfabrik) began manufacturing steam engines and pumps for hard coal mining. BORSIG expanded into compressor technology in 1857 followed almost half a century later by ZM in 1903.
BZM Blueline 2017 (EN)
BORSIG ZM Compression GmbH offers a highly available BORSIG BlueLine automation system with scalable redundancy and up to SIL3 (safety integrity level) for industrial use. The system combines control system, machine protection and machine monitoring for reciprocating and centrifugal compressors by BORSIG ZM as well as by other manufacturers.